Aquifer is a leader in providing high-quality assessment tools for health professions education that link directly to national curriculum standards. Our assessment questions are written and peer-reviewed by teams of healthcare educators collaborating with leading assessment specialists. We are dedicated to delivering meaningful feedback for educators and students that advances clinical learning and builds better providers—not just better test-takers.
Aquifer assessments are…
- Written by Experts: All of our assessment questions are written and peer-reviewed by teams of health care educators trained by leading assessment specialists.
- Based on National Curricula: Our assessments correspond to the curriculum standards set by our national organization collaborators: AAIM/CDIM – STFM – AUR/AMSER – COMSEP
- Fully Validated: The questions have met rigorous statistical criteria at schools nationwide with a diversity of learners and curriculum.
- Included with your Institutional Subscription: Available for no additional cost for the 2019-20 subscription year with your institutional subscription to the corresponding Aquifer course.
- Useful for Tracking & Comparing Student Performance: Reports detailing the performance of individual students overall and by case, distribution across students, and student performance by case are available following each exam.
Unique & Innovative Assessment Tools
Formative Assessments in Development
We are excited to share that innovative new formative assessments are now in development. We expect to begin a robust pilot testing in Spring 2020. The new test-enhanced learning tools will deliver granular feedback with recommendations for efficient, structured remediation and self-directed study.
Aquifer Internal Medicine Clinical Decision-Making Exam
Formerly the Key Features Exam
The Aquifer Internal Medicine Clinical Decision-Making Exam in the key features format aligns directly with CDIM’s national curriculum. This exam, validated in a recent study published in Academic Medicine, is the first designed for use in U.S. medical schools utilizing the key features approach, which focuses on challenging decisions in diagnosis and management to target critical decision points.
Online Validated Multiple-Choice Exams
100-Question Summative Multiple-Choice Exams
100-question summative multiple-choice exams for Aquifer Family Medicine, Pediatrics, and Radiology are available in their current format through June 2021. These online, validated, multiple-choice summative exams must be administered in a proctored environment, and include an assortment of questions related to case learning objective presented in random order and are designed to test how well students can apply the concepts presented.
For security purposes, an Aquifer exam may be requested only by your institution’s designated Course Administrator. If you are the Course Administrator and would like to request an Aquifer Exam, please complete our Exam Request Form.