Step 1: Install the Safe Exam Browser Software
Download the appropriate Safe Exam Browser application from one of these links. You will be asked whether you want to save the installer file. Choose yes. This file may be saved wherever you like.
For Windows Users:
- Download the Safe Exam Browser from this link: Safe Exam Browser for Windows
- Double click on the SafeExamBrowserInstaller.exe file and follow the installation steps. Give the installer any permissions it needs.
- Do not use the shortcut start file the installer puts on your desktop to start the exam. At the start of your exam, use the ‘Aquifer_Exam_Portal_v1.seb’ file downloaded in step 2. Do not start before exam. You’ll be led through an installation wizard.
For Mac Users:
- Download the appropriate Safe Exam Browser from this link: Safe Exam Browser for Mac
- Download the SafeExamBrowser-2.1.3.dmg file and open it (it may open automatically).
- Drag the Safe Exam Browser icon into the Applications folder in the mount window that matches the screenshot below.
- Make sure you don’t have another SEB version 2.x on your Mac (your config file might get opened with the wrong version).
- Drag the Safe Exam Browser icon into the Applications folder.
For IT Departments: Further Technical Instructions About Secure Exam Browser