Save time creating custom courses with our new Duplicate Course feature. You can copy all the cases and/or users from an existing course into a new custom course in just a few quick steps. Any course—including existing custom courses and Aquifer signature courses—may be duplicated. Once you’ve created the new custom course you can give it a new name and description, and edit it further by adding or removing cases and users at any time.
1. From your courses page, select the course with the set of cases and/or users that you want to copy.
2. Once you are in a course, click the Duplicate Course button on the right-hand side.
3. On the Duplicate Course page, enter:
Course Name: We suggest using a consistent naming convention that includes course and rotation name, such as “Family Medicine Clerkship: Block 4”.
Description: We suggest including instructor name, instructions for the course, which cases are assigned, due date, and anything else your students need to know.
Person Responsible: Select the user responsible for the course from your list of eligible administrators. The person responsible will be visible on the course page to all students and administrators associated with the course and will be notified when the course reaches its end date to either delete or extend the date of this course.
Start Date: Visible to all course users.
End Date: This date will show on the courses page for all associated users. When the end date is reached, the person responsible for the course will be notified and asked to delete or extend the date for this course.
Once you are done, click “Create Course” to create the new course.
4. You will then receive a notification of successful course creation. Note that any copied users will receive an automated email notification at this time.
5. You may now add or remove users and cases as needed. Please note that ONLY copied users will have access to this course. If you did not copy users, you will need to add them at this point in order for them to have access and receive an automated email invitation. Learn how to add or remove users and cases here.