Aquifer’s Educator Guides are your complete guide to using—and making the most of—Aquifer courses in your program. The Educator Guides are ideal for educators who are looking to:
- Start using an Aquifer course as a new staff member or new subscriber
- Discover best-practices and new ideas for integrating Aquifer into your course or curriculum
- Take advantage of the many free resources included with Aquifer
- Catch up on the latest features, Educator Resources, and assessment options available
- Access a quick reference guide to all of the cases, resources, and features
All Educator Guides include:
- Course overview and pedagogy
- Integration strategies
- Features overview (searchable Case Library, custom courses, and more)
- Resources included with your subscription (free courses, Aquifer Sciences Curriculum Database)
- Support resources
- Case details (Case Synopses, Learning Objectives, clinical locations)
- Direct links to any course-specific additional resources and tools
Educator Guide Library
We currently offer Educator Guides for the following courses. To access the guides, please see the details below—you will need to sign in to your Aquifer account.
Our Educator Guides include direct links to additional course-specific teaching and learning tools created by the Aquifer Educators Consortium. These tools are fully developed, available for download, and ready to use in your teaching. Currently, our additional resources include:
- Flipped Classroom Workshops (Radiology)
- Active Learning Modules (Pediatrics)
- Case Analysis Tool (Developed for Pediatrics, but can be used with other courses)
- Real World Application Activities (High Value Care)
- Active Learning Classroom Strategies and Worksheets (Diagnostic Excellence)
- Questions for Further Consideration (Pediatrics)
User Story Videos
Hear from top educators around the country who are using Aquifer to provide consistent clinical experiences, complete coverage of national curriculum standards, self-directed learning, and remediation opportunities for their students. User Story Videos are available for each Aquifer course.
Accessing Educator Guides & Resources
Sign in to your Aquifer account in Aqueduct, our learning management system.
From your Courses page, click on the green Educator Resources bar.
The Educator Resources page shows all of the resources available for your program’s subscribed courses and free interdisciplinary courses. Click on resources for your desired course to view and/or download resource files.