Details & Application
The Aquifer Educators Consortium is accepting student applications for a unique academic opportunity to:
- Participate in an interdisciplinary academic conference with leading medical educators
- Play a meaningful role in the development of new learning tools with a national reach
What: Selected students will be invited to attend the Aquifer Annual Meeting alongside the interdisciplinary medical educators of the Aquifer Educators Consortium. Students will attend a plenary presentation and participate in a workshop with Consortium members on the future redesign of Aquifer’s cases. They will also join other medical students in a focus group to provide honest feedback on Aquifer’s current and developing learning tools.
When: September 24, 2019 from 8am-3pm. Arrival time is flexible.
Where: Omni Parker House, Boston, MA
Who: The Aquifer Educators Consortium is an interdisciplinary group of 70+ leading medical educators from across the country who come together to create quality clinical learning tools. With over 12 million virtual patient cases completed since our founding in 2006, Aquifer is the non-profit leader in developing clinical teaching and learning tools.
Eligibility: The Aquifer Educators Consortium is accepting applications from medical students who are:
- In their 3rd or 4th year
- Able to show proof of completion of at least 8 Aquifer cases from any combination of the following Aquifer courses: Aquifer Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Radiology, Geriatrics
- Prepared to give honest, thoughtful feedback in a constructive manner
- Located in the greater Boston area
- Available to join our meeting in person at the Omni Parker House, Boston, MA on September 24 from 8am-3pm
Recognition & Reimbursement: Aquifer can provide all students with a Letter of Service for their time on this academic project for our non-profit organization. Aquifer will reimburse students for any Boston area travel expenses. Breakfast and lunch will be provided at the Omni Parker House.
Stephen Scott, MD, MPH
Aquifer Academic Director for Engagement
Medical Education Department Chair and Professor
Director, Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship
Texas Christian University & UNTHSC School of Medicine
Katherine C. Chretien, MD
Aquifer Student Engagement Lead
Associate Dean for Student Affairs & Professor of Medicine
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Application of Interest
Please complete the form below by August 30, 2019. All students will be notified of the status of their application in the first week of September.