Aquifer (formerly MedU) attended the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine’s Medical Student Education Conference on February 1-4 in Austin, Texas. Our actitivies included:
Collaborative Brainstorming Breakfast
Saturday, February 3 at 7:30-8:30 am
We’re pleased to share that Aquifer Family Medicine will be moving forward with creating an STFM Collaborative.
Friday, February 2
- The Humble Improve: Teaching Medical Students About Diagnostic Errors to Improve Patient Safety (Darin Brink, MD; Kirby Clark, MD; Kristina Lindholm; Andrew Olson, MD)
3:30 – 5:30pm
Saturday, February 3
- Using Self-Directed Learning and Self-Assessment to Engage Millennial Learners and Improve Learning Outcomes (Nancy Weigle, MD; Shou Ling Leong, MD; Mario Cornacchione, DO; Dana Nguyen, MD; Carina Brown; John Waits, MD; Martha Seagrave, BSN, PA-C; Elizabeth Brown, MD, MPH; Jason Chao, MD, MS; David Anthony, MD, MSc; Katherine Margo, MD; Tomoko Sairenji, MD, MSc; Stephen Scott, MD, MPH)
10:30 – 12:00pm
- FEATURED: The New MedU/Aquifer Learning Management System: An Exploration of Its Current and Potential Capabilities (David Anthony, MD, MSc; Elizabeth Brown, MD, MPH; Jason Chao, MD, MS; Shou Ling Leong, MD; Katherine Margo, MD; Tomoko Sairenji, MD, MSc; Stephen Scott, MD, MPH; Martha Seagrave, BSN, PA-C; John Waits, MD; Nancy Weigle, MD; Jordan White, MD, MPH)
3:30 – 5:00pm
- fmCASES Exam Utilized as a Diagnostic Tool to Assess Gaps in Student Knowledge and Correlate These Results with the FM NBME Exam (Franklyn Babb, MD; Nimat Alam; Ellen Hampsten, MD; Christopher Rose; Len Hovey)
3:30 – 5:00pm
Booth & STFM Village
Our booth and the STFM Village were great ways for our team to connect with subscribers.
Our Subscribers were Excited to Learn About…
- The Aquifer Family Medicine validated, summative exam, tailored to the STFM clerkship curriculum, is included with your subscription.
- MedU/Aquifer’s free interdisciplinary courses, including Aquifer Diagnostic Excellence.
- Aqueduct, our learning management system, allows you to create custom courses. You can pick-and-choose cases, integrate cases from our free interdisciplinary courses, organize your students and faculty, and enjoy tailored reporting.
- We offer a range of courses on key topics such as Addiction, Radiology, and Geriatrics. And, like our free courses, you can select cases from these subscriptions for use in a custom course in Aqueduct.
Aquifer Family Medicine Course Board
Senior Director: Shou Ling Leong, MD (Pennsylvania State University)
Editor-in-Chief: David Anthony, MD, M.Sc. (Brown University)
Teaching and Learning Leads:
- Elizabeth Brown, MD (University of Rochester)
- Stephen Scott, MD, MPH (Texas Christian University)
Assessment Lead: Jason Chao, MD (Case Western Reserve University)
- Katie Margo, MD (University of Pennsylvania)
- Tomoko Sairenji, MD, MS (University of Washington)
- Martha Seagrave, PA-C (University of Vermont)
- John Waits, MD (University of Alabama)
- Nancy Weigle, MD (Duke University)
- Jordan White, MD, MPH (Brown University)